The Scag Tiger Cat
Small Cat, Big Productivity.
With roaring power and agile maneuverability, the compact Scag Tiger Cat ® is a force all its own. Where productivity is essential, the Tiger Cat delivers with ease, capable of handling more than 24 acres per day.
Powerful engines and a tough dual pump and wheel motor drive system ensure dependable performance, year after year. Equipped with a Velocity Plus™ cutter deck, this mower will tame the tallest grass and leave it looking smooth and professionally manicured.
A full-body welded steel frame will not yield to tough terrain, while the low center-of-gravity keeps the Tiger Cat stable. The replaceable front caster extension protects the main frame against impact damage and features tapered roller bearings in the caster yoke pivots for long, dependable life.
Comfort is maximized with either an adjustable suspension seat or a soft-ride seat. Adjustable steering levers, arm rests and a big foot platform reduce operator fatigue.
For big value in a compact package, test out a Tiger Cat today. But be warned. . . this cat has a big bite. Talk to your Scag dealer today to tame your own Tiger Cat. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
High-Strength Steel Frame
Heavy-duty single tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service
Velocity Plus Cutter Decks
52", 61" or 72" Velocity Plus decks deliver an amazing quality of cut, and a wide, even discharge.More Info
Scag Cast Iron Spindles
Ultra-tough cast-iron housings, tapered roller bearings, top mounted grease fitting with a relief valve to prevent over greasing.More Info
12cc Heavy-Duty Hydraulic Drive Pumps
12cc Hydro-Gear Hydraulic Pumps equiped with cooling fans paired with Parker Hydraulic Wheel Motors.
Powerful PTO Clutch Brake
Ogura GT 3.5 PTO clutch brake offers excellent starting and stopping power for the cutter deck. Adjustable air-gap for long life.More Info
Powerful and Efficient Engine Options
Air-cooled electronic fuel injection (EFI) and carbureted models available.
Suspension or Soft Ride Seat
Adjustable for various weights, slide or tilt the seat back or forward, raise or lower armrests for maximum comfort.
Tiger Cat Instrument Panel
The instrument panel is located directly to the left of the operator for easy, quick access: Ignition switch, mower engagement switch, choke and throttle control.
Dual Fuel Tanks
Large 7 gal. capacity between duel tanks keep you mowing all day.
Foot Pedal Deck Lift
Foot pedal deck lift makes changing the height-of-cut fast and easy. Adjusts from 1" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
Patented deck-leveling adjustment bracket delivers easy cutter deck leveling with the turn of a bolt
Flip-up components, unrestricted engine compartment, easy to reach grease zerks and many more features make servicing the Tiger Cat simple.
- Heavy-duty hydraulic drive system includes dual 10cc pumps and large capacity wheel motors for reliable, zero turn maneuverability.
- Up to 10 MPH forward and 4.5 MPH reverse speeds keep productivity at a maximum.
- Ogura GT3.5 PTO clutch brake has 250 ft. lbs. of torque for easy blade engagements and solid holding power in heavy cutting conditions. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life.
- Compact mower size enables you to take the Tiger Cat into tight places. The Tiger Cat occupies less space on your trailer without sacrificing performance.
- Choose a 48", 52" or 61" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck. Match that with a Kawasaki FS series, Kawasaki FX series , Kohler Command Pro, Kohler EFI ,or Briggs & Stratton Commercial Turf Series with Cyclonic air filtration.
- Fully- welded unitized steel main frame design is stronger than "bolt-together" frame designs. Front caster extension is replaceable in the event of an impact.
- Suspension seat or Soft-Ride seat gives the operator a comfortable ride, all day long. Seats are adjustable and feature armrests for additional comfort.
- Dual fuel tanks (7 gallons total) keep you in the field cutting grass. Fuel tanks feature extra large, angled filler necks for easy filling. Molded-in cup holder allows for added operator convenience and comfort.
- Aluminized engine exhaust reduces back pressure, increases performance, and lasts longer than conventional steel construction.
- 10cc hydraulic pumps provide smooth and reliable power. Built in pressure relief valves reduce internal pressure spikes and add to hydraulic component life.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on most Tiger Cats. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life. The 26hp Briggs Professional Series engine features an integrated oval cartridge-style filter. The 27hp and 30 hp Briggs Commercial Turf Series features Cyclonic air filtration (click here for video of the Cyclonic system).
- The foot plate area is extra-large for improved operator comfort and easier mounting and dismounting of the mower.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Spring-loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load-carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast-iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance. These bearings can handle a 50% larger load than standard ball bearings. They are well suited to handle the daily pounding the front caster wheels receive.
- Standard-style steering controls are ergonomically-shaped and padded for easy control and maximum operator comfort.
- Steering dampers are designed and located for smooth operation and minimal fatigue.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable, top-notch performance day in and day out.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Large drive tires ensure solid traction and easy curb climbing. Large pneumatic front caster tires for a smoother ride.
- Interlocked parking brake system prevents movement while trailering or when parked on inclines. The mower cannot be driven when the brake is applied. This prevents premature brake wear.
- Operator friendly instrument panel located just to the left of the operator. It includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, and separate choke and throttle controls (hour meter located toward the rear of the mower).
- User-friendly design allows quick access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance.
- Engine oil drain makes maintenance clean and easy.
- Replaceable trim side wear pad on the cutter deck helps protect landscape and the edge of the cutter deck from wear and tear.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring, sealed fuses and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for dependable service.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience.
- Digital hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed.
- There are many productive accessories for the Tiger Cat like the Tiger Striping kit, the 16 bushel spindle driven grass catcher, the 12 bushel dump-from-the-seat catcher system, and many more.
- *Actual ground speed may vary. Specifications subject to change without notice or obligation.
|*STC52V-22FX||*52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 22hp Kawasaki 691FX air-cooled engine|
|*STC52V-25CV-EFI||*52" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 25hp Kohler EFI fuel injected air-cooled engine|
|*STC61V-26CV-EFI||*61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 26hp Kohler EFI fuel injected air-cooled engine|
* Limited availability. Contact your local Scag Dealer
|Tiger Cat - Product Dimensions||48" Tiger Cat||52" Tiger Cat||61" Tiger Cat|
|Width (chute down)||60.5"||64.5"||73.5"|
|Width (chute in transport position)||49"||53"||62"|
|Weight||1030 - 1050 lbs.||1100 lbs.||1150 lbs.|
|Height (ROPS up)||66"||66"||66"|
3- Bag Collection Systems are perfect for easy dumping into containers or the back of a truck. 16-bushel capacity. High-performance, all-steel blower.
Dump from the seat collection systems ideal for on site or tarp dumping. 12-bushel capacity. High-performance, all-steel blower.
Spring-loaded lawn striper. Create beautiful lawn patterns to set your work apart.
Complete mulching systems with individual chambers for the best possible mulching performance.
Discharge opening block-off plates for 52", 61" and 72" Cutter Decks.
Two super bright halogen lights deliver 38 watts each for a total of 76 watts of lighting power. All required wiring and brackets included.
Operator Controlled Discharge Chute allows you to quickly and easily block off the discharge chute while mowing.
Chrome Wheel Covers
12" chrome wheel covers will add 2MPH to your Scag mower....ok, maybe not. But they look awesome!
Slide the Blade Buddy over the end of your cutter blades during blade changes to keep the blade from turning.
Use your Scag mower to tow attachments or a cart to haul debris. 250 lb. limit.
Upgrade your old seat to the latest and greatest in ride technology. Fully adjustable. Comes standard on most models except STC48V-22FS & STC61V-27BS
Scag offers a number of unique cutter blades to tackle any job or condition.
Flat-Free Caster Tires
Upgrade your front caster tires to a Flat-Free design that can never go flat! Avoid downtime and expense! *Also available for some older models.
Fully adjustable Quick-Fit steering control levers allow a wide range of adjustments. Fine-tune the lever position for comfort and convenience.